RETRO ROME – U.S. Arsenal house, 514 W. Dominick St., 1970. This federal-style brick building, erected during the War of 1812, was home for the commandant of the United States Arsenal. The ornate porch (pictured here) was not part of the original structure. It was added in the early 1900’s when the building was a private residence. It was removed in the late 1970’s.
RETRO ROME – Downtown Rome, 200 block W. Dominick St., south side, across the street from this image. – October 9, 1975.