RETRO ROME – Fort Stanwix Hotel, 125 S. James St. – southwest corner of S. James and Erie Boulevard, 1970.
RETRO ROME – Oneida Savings and Trust Co., corner of James and East Dominick Street – 1973. Just about quitting time. A year later this building would be razed (seen in previous posts here and here) to make way for the Fort Stanwix National Monument.
RETRO ROME – From the Daily Sentinel pages – February 1, 1966. After the snow stopped, sub-freezing temperatures and high winds created blizzard conditions and high drifting in the area. Ten-foot drifts blocked some downtown Rome streets.
RETRO ROME – Transfiguation School, corner of Ridge and S. James Sts. – June 9, 1994. Earlier photo of the school can be seen here.
RETRO ROME – Aerial of Central Rome, 1957. South James Street cuts a dominant diagonal path through the center of the image. Click or tap on the image for a larger view. #retrorome