Post Office and Gansevoort Park – 1945. A crisp and cold day in 1945. This building, which once housed letters and packages now houses the Rome Historical Society and Fort Stanwix National Monument offices.
Doors on N. James St. – February 1972. Doors freshly removed from buildings on N. James St. Crews placed them along the sidewalk edge to prevent any pedestrians from being hurt from the demolition work.
Corner of W. Liberty and N. James – 1945. Photo taken for the roof of the old Rome Sentinel building, 136 N. James St. If planning on dinner at Milvos you’d better make it early… the dining room closes at 7 p.m. The N. James St. Parking garage now sits on this corner.
Corner of W. Dominick and N. James St. – 1945. The message on the trash can is clear…as are the streets on this sunny day in 1945.
Construction on Erie Boulevard looking west, September 1974. This site is the future former home of the Living Bridge.