RETRO ROME – City of Rome Christmas tree lighting ceremony and fireworks on the grounds of Ft. Stanwix, (today, the Marinus Willett Center occupies this spot) – November 27, 1995.
RETRO ROME – 100 block of E. Spring St., east side, with temporary Ft. Stanwix Museum occupying former P&C Market – 1970. Currently part of the Ft. Stanwix National Monument grounds.
RETRO ROME – Block between E. Dominick St. (running diagonally across the bottom) and E. Liberty St. (running diagonally across the upper part of the image) – 1972. Preparation well underway on the future site for Ft. Stanwix. A small portion of Black River Blvd. is visible in the lower right hand corner.
RETRO ROME – Construction of the Ft Stanwix Marnius Willett Visitor Center continues. Corner of N. James St and the Boulevard. The grand opening of the center took place on July 2, 2005.
RETRO ROME – Corner of James and Dominick looking south – January 18, 1951. Today, Ft. Stanwix National Monument and the Marinus Willett Center are located on the left.